- A 4-year college degree (Bachelor’s Degree) or equivalent in a technical or science-related field is required.
- Green Belt Certification is preferred.
- 5 plus years of demonstrated Continuous Improvement experience.
- Excellent use of Lean, RCA/RCI and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Training others in CI tools & methodologies is a +.
- Language : Business level of Japanese and English
- Process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and RCA/RCI.
- Ability and desire to work in a remote, team-oriented environment.
- Proven leadership, teamwork, collaboration and influencing skills; demonstrated initiative and assertiveness; strong computer skills and use of software applications such as MS Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio); strong written and oral communication skills, are required.
- Ability to effectively engage people at all levels of the business, strong coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Strong relationship skills with the ability to foster a sense of community with cross-functional stakeholders.
Other Considerations (travel/hours availability, etc.):
- In this role, up to 30% travel should be expected, sometimes in short notice.
1. Instils Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
2. Situational Adaptability: Adapt approach and demeanour in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
3. Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
4. Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
5. Balances Stakeholders: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
6. Drives Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
7. Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
8. Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
9. Persuades: Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
10. Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
11. Leading Courageously: Takes personal ownership on important issues to do what is right and achieve organizational success and supports others who do so. Challenge’s decisions where appropriate.