Roles and Responsibilities
Owning Quality, costs (as per sourcing contract) and on time delivery of the material and services for his scope.
Establishes the procurement schedule or Procurement Plan for the project where applicable.
Coordinate to ensure the on-time issuance of purchase requisitions in the respective system to ensure timely placement of POs
Work with cross functional teams like Engineering, Sourcing to ensure the on-time delivery of documents (drawings, quotations, etc.) required to be obtained from suppliers
Manage with the order Fulfilment Team for the fulfilment by suppliers of all contractual obligations like regular progress and manufacturing plan, document deliverable, preparation of Factory Tests, use of contractual tools for logistic management (i.e. MTA, SAP, OSCAR).
Participates in and/ or initiates periodic (preferably weekly) project meetings with the participation of Quality, Lead Engineering, Planning, Logistics, Procurement Leader etc. as applicable, to keep track of progress and generates record notes/action list from these meetings; follows up on the actions.
Oversees claim management with the Suppliers in coordination with the Supply Chain and the Project Team. To follows up timely closure of NCRs related to suppliers, make sure cost recovery reach global target.
Ensures invoices are released in accordance with the process in place.
Owning the budget related per the scope of supply, maintain and monitor the budget
Build up the Logistics strategy and drive Logistics with regards to customs and duties and other specificities of the Equipment.
Follows up and report to Procurement Leader / Project Director progress on Project cost summary, Supplier cash out, revenue recognition, billing to customer & project milestone recognition etc..
Supports compliance with the Quality and EHS rules as applicable to the sourcing function.
Willing to extend or adjust the business coverage according business needs.
Willing to travel in Japan and overseas
- On-time complete delivery of specified material / package as per PO.
- Accuracy and on-time reporting.
- Execution within budget
- Successful claim management against third parties.
- Meet Targets and Performance Indicators as defined on a yearly basis.
- Adherence to the global processes and IT Tools for expediting,
- Works as per GE’s the spirit & the letter Integration.
- Bachelor degree in engineering / Additionally at least 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience in Sourcing and in Leadership, related to Project Procurement
- Proven knowledge of the materials/products being procured / monitored.
- Knowledge of Quality and Quality Procedures.
- Commercial awareness.
- Mastering planning and scheduling, preferable experience with HVDC Substation equipment.
- Languages: fluent in written and spoken English. + Local language as applicable
- Knowledge of local language: Japanese.
Behavioral skills / competencies
- Experience as Project Manager / Tender Project Manager / Senior Purchasing Manager or Sales
- Project Manager.
- Good understanding of legal/contractual aspects of an EPC contract.
- Risk management knowledge. Ability to work efficiently in cross-functional teams.
- Good communicator and team work capability.
- Negotiation skills either with supplier base or with customers.
- General knowledge of purchasing standards, policies, procedures, and Sourcing management
- Ability to coach & develop team members. Accountability, resilience, autonomy, and leadership.
- Decision making, problem solving, ability to independently resolve issues with difficult suppliers.
- Technical knowledge of products purchased and power plant familiarity.
- Behave according to GE Code of Ethics and Values.Proactive attitude
- Organizational skills including prioritization and resource deployment
- Ability to effectively write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Flexible with some Travels, if requested
GE Shares (従業員株式購買制度)、団体生命保険、団体保険制度（割引保険制度）、リロクラブ加入（福利厚生割引メニューサービス）、財形貯蓄、提携住宅ローン、特別弔慰金制度、慶弔金制度、永年勤続表彰、EAPサービス（会社費用負担によるカウンセリング制度）、退職金制度（確定拠出年金）、など